Have you ever thought about kicking your health up a notch? Well, these dietary supplement statistics bet that you have.
In a world going crazy with prevention topics, and the longevity increase being under the scope of major healthcare players, the supplement industry thrives. And for a good reason — enhanced nutrition is one of the leading health-sustaining topics of the modern world.
And the most interesting thing is that supplements are everywhere these days. What Are The Top 2 Fat Burning Appetite Suppressant Pills TV shows and sporting events are supplement-sponsored, even the weather forecast is brought to you by some UTI-preventing product.
How do supplements work? Are supplements a form of medication? How are they regulated? Here, we aim to provide you with an accurate answer to any question on the topic of dietary supplements you’ve ever asked. So feel free to jump in.
The Top 10 Dietary Supplement Statistics and Facts
Before we discuss some global stats and facts on dietary supplements, here are some fascinating figures.
- In 2019, softgels and capsules contributed 34.8% to the total supplements market.
- EU supplements market value was $14.29 billion in 2018.
- Multivitamins were the most consumed dietary supplement in the US in 2020.
- The US functional food market will exceed $440 billion in 2022.
- North America topped the dietary supplement market in 2020.
- 24% of supplement users use energy-boosting products.
- 76% of people aged 74+ use supplements for brain health.
- 12% of supplement users consume CBD-based products.
- In 2019, Bausch & Lomb recorded the largest revenue in vitamin sales, with $194.7 million in revenue.
- The organic milk powder market is dominated by Nestlé.
General Dietary Supplement Facts
Dietary supplements have more lenient regulatory frameworks than pharmaceutical medicines. The 5 Best Fat Burning Pills For Women Over 40 Funnily, unlike with drugs, supplement regulators are not entirely bothered about the safety and effectiveness profiles of dietary supplements.